Who We Are
Water Reuse Europe (WRE) is a not-for-profit association which supports, assists and represents its members while promoting the water reuse sector as an effective option for sustainable and resilient water management.
It was founded in 2016 to bring together commercial and public organisations from across Europe who operate in the water reuse sector, and form a single unifying body through which best practice could be shared and develop a single voice on important issues.
Water Reuse Europe now provides the collective space within which these ambitions can be achieved. In 2023, the association has 30 members from across Europe and beyond.
Water Reuse Europe Members (June 2023)
To provide a collective identity for the European water reuse sector and promote an innovative and dynamic industry.
To stimulate the growth and competitiveness of the European water reuse sector by:
- Raising public awareness and understanding of water reuse practices;
- Facilitating the sharing of knowledge, good practices, techniques, research and experiences on water reuse amongst public and private entities involved in water reuse;
- Promoting European products, services and expertise in water reuse to communities around the world;
- Supporting European companies, and particularly small and medium-sized enterprises, in their efforts tocommercialise safe and innovative water reuse solutions;
- Promoting research and innovation on water reuse.
Through our website, social media channels, newsletter and outreach activities, we offer a range of services for our members who are involved in the design, operation and maintenance of water reuse schemes as well as their regulation and governance.
Read more about our members benefits here.