- This event has passed.
Water Reuse Europe Knowledge Exchange Day 2023
October 20 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm BST
The second edition of our Knowledge Exchange Day will take place in Brussels, Belgium on Friday, 20 October 2023.
The event will showcase the outcomes of recent and on-going water reuse and resource recovery research projects delivered in Europe and provide a knowledge transfer opportunity for consortia through a joint event involving WRE members and non-WRE members. Overall, it provides an excellent opportunity for researchers to showcase experiences, research findings and tools developed through these projects and to network with potential new partners involved in the water reuse sector for future research calls and solution development.
The event also aims at enhancing collaborations between researchers and stakeholders from across the sector (i.e., commercial companies, utilities, public bodies etc.) in an effort to further promote innovation. As such it provides an exciting opportunity for professionals involved in the design and operation of water reuse and resource recovery schemes to advance their awareness of leading-edge research in the area, to interact with companies and institutions involved in water reuse, and share perspectives on the future of the sector.
Our event line-up include:
- Valentina Bastino, Policy Officer, European Commission, DG Environment, Unit Sustainable Freshwater Management, Belgium. On: Water Reuse – the EU policy environment
- Giorgio Mannina, Professor of Sanitary and Environmental Engineering, Engineering Department of Palermo University – Italy. On: Resource recovery from wastewater: insights from the case study of Palermo University within Wider-Uptake project
- Gerard van den Berg, Team Leader and Project Manager, KWR, The Netherlands. On: ULTIMATE promoting water smart industrial symbiosis
- George Arampatzis, Assoc. Professor, School of Production Engineering and Management, Technical University of Crete, Greece. On: AquaSPICE – Advancing Sustainability of Process Industries through Digital and Circular Water Use Innovations
- David Schwesig, Research Co-ordinator, IWW Water Centre, Germany, On: Water reuse in in cities, agriculture and industry: lessons from three European case studies (Project B-WaterSmart).
- Elena Zuriaga, R&D Technical Manager, FACSA , Spain. On: LIFE AMIA: Combination of innovative technologies for sustainable water reuse.
- Jonas Van EeghemCo-Head Drinking Water Quality and Environment, Aquaduin and Thomas Rogier, Biologist, Aquaduin, Belgium. On: Wastewater treatment with willows: a nature-based solution.
- Heather Smith, Senior Lecturer in Water Governance, Cranfield University, UK. On: Public Perception of Water Recycling for Drinking Water Use – a UK perspective.
- Salvador Perez, CEO, Chemdoc Water, France. On: LIFE – ZEUS : “Zero Liquid Discharge Water ReUSE” food processing plant.
- Caroline Van Steendam, Manager Afvalwater, Azulatis, Belgium. On: Sustainable water solutions inspired by 15 years of practical experience in the decentralized production of drinking water in Flanders.
Our programme for the day can be accessed by clicking on the image below.
To find our more about our speakers and their talks please visit our speaker page here
- Non-WRE member: 180€ per person.
- WRE member: Free for up to 3 pers. per member company / institution*.
* Free places for WRE members will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis. Once the 3 free spaces have been allocated, the standard fee of 180€ will apply.
To register, please click on the button below and follow the instructions.
DEADLINE FOR REGISRATIONS: FRIDAY 6 OCTOBER 16:00 CEST
HILTON BRUSSELS GRAND PLACE
Carrefour de l’Europe 3 – Brussels 1000 – Belgium