Water Reuse Europe at the UN 2023 WATER conference
Actionable Water Reuse: Valuing Water For Sustainable Economic Development.
22 March 2023 | 18h30 – 19h45 EST
Are you planning to attend the United Nations 2023 Water Conference in New York from 22 to 24 March?
If yes, we are pleased to announce that Water Reuse Europe will be present at the conference and we invite you to our side-event on Actionable Water Reuse: Valuing Water For Sustainable Economic Development organised in collaboration with VITO, Flanders Investment & Trade, VLAKWA, WE&B, ANTEA, Flemish Government, and G-STIC
The event will take place at Flanders House, New York Times Building, NewYork.
The Blue Deal Water Governance Strategy to Tackle Droughts – Think Big and Act Local – Zuhal Demir, Minister of Justice and Enforcement, Environment, Energy and Tourism
Recognising the Worth and Value of Water Reuse Implementation
- The Secret of the Successful Reuse Schemes – Inge Genné, Water Reuse Europe
- The Drought Challenge: Ensuring Economic Sustainability for Water Reuse – David Smith, WE&B
- Pricing Mechanisms and Business Models to Enhance the Correct Valuing of our Natural Resources – Steven Broekx, VITO
Statements and Dynamic Discussion: From System Thinking to Ssystemic Actions
- Setting the Scene and Moderation – Yves De Weerdt, VITO Nexus
- Importance of System Thinking and Co-creation in Building Sustainable Water-Energy-Food Pathways – Edo Abraham, Delft University of Technology
- Youth and Digital Innovation as Game Changers – Karen de Sousa Pesse, Salesforce
- Flanders Living Lab: from Reactive to Pro-active Drought Measures – Barbara Vael, Flemish Environment Agency
Transition Pathways to a Resilient Waterland – Lydia Peeters, Minister of Mobility and Public Works
Follow-up networking session, accompanied by a selection of Belgian beers, is hosted by the Flemish “Fluid Crew” collaboration.
- Fluid Crew Introduction: Water Solutions with a Flemish Twist – Dirk Halet, VLAKWA
- Economic Leverage of International Collaboration – Ralph Moreau, Flanders Investment & Trade
- Company Testimonials on Fluid Collaboration – Jacob Bossaer/Bosaq; Tim Op’t Eyndt/Iflux; Tom D’Haeyer/Antea.
About the UN 2023 Water Conference
The UN Water Conference is the first one in almost 50 years and comes at a time when there is an urgent need for water action. Formally known as the 2023 Conference for the Midterm Comprehensive Review of Implementation of the UN Decade for Action on Water and Sanitation (2018-2028), the conference will take place at the UN Headquarters in New York, 22-24 March 2023 and is co-hosted by Tajikistan and the Netherlands.
The conference will include an opening and closing session, six plenary sessions, and five interactive dialogues.
For more general information on the UN 2023 Water Conference, please visit the conference website: https://sdgs.un.org/conferences/water2023